Monday, October 5, 2009

Goodbye Gourmet

Its been a rough one for Conde Nast, after closing Domino earlier this year, and now announcing that they'll be closing Gourmet (I still cant believe it!) Cookie, Modern Bride and Elegant Bride.

It's been known that the magazines have sustained a severe decline in ad's but the closure is a complete shock. Not sure how or why they came up with the decision, but I'm sure there is good reason behind it. I'm still curious to know what went wrong, especially on how they came about the decision to get ride of Gourmet and not Bon Appetit. There had been speculation that Conde Nast would close one of its food magazines, Gourmet or Bon Appetit, but most bets were on Bon Appetit. Gourmet has been around since 1940 and has been well known in the food world and my household. My family has used many different recipes and ideas from the fabulous magazine. I loved the restaurant tips, wine suggestions, and lush photography. I'm sad to see such a great magazine go.

No comments:

Post a Comment