I've always been a big fan of Portland Monthly- their creative, bold and entertaining style makes it the perfect lifestyle magazine in the Portland area. Every month, in every issue, they feature essential guides to the best of the city. Reading the magazine every month inspires me to get out, and explore the lovely city of Portland.
This month they feature the 50 best wines in Oregon. Conde Cox's task was to try more than 650 wines over three weeks and to pick the top 50 wines of the season- the 30 best at any price point, plus 20 that cost less than $20 (my kind of wine!). Wow. Cox, at 55-years-old, has been tasting wine for more than 30 years and was recently accepted to study at the London-based Institute of Masters of Wine, a program that has only graduated 275 experts with in it's 56 year old history. I'd say that he definitely knows his wine! I can't wait to try some of his (cheaper) recommendations. I raise my glass to you Mr. Conde Cox for taking on this task for Oregon. Cheers!



No comments:
Post a Comment